Monday, July 2, 2012

Week 26: Tex Mex Pork Wraps

The Recipe
500-600g boneless pork roast or pork tenderloin
1.75dl tomato sauce (I didn't have any, so I used ketchup)
2/3 cup BBQ-sauce
1 onion, thinly sliced
Chilli powder to taste
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano
Tortillas
Garnishes of your choice.

Place pork roast in a crock pot. In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, except tortillas, and pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for about 8 to 10 hours. When pork roast is done, take two forks and shred meat. Serve on warmed tortillas with garnishes.

The Verdict
Really great! I was a bit worried that it would end up being too rich, so when I shredded the meat I dumped in a small can of corn also and cooked it for another 15 minutes. It ended up great! I served it with flour tortillas, bell pepper, tomatoes and cucumber. Wish I had thought to buy some avocados as well. Super easy to make and it tasted lovely :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment