Monday, July 9, 2012

Week 27: Crock-Pot Easy-Peasy-Cheesy Chicken

The Recipe
500-600g frozen chicken
150g cream cheese
1 can beans
1 can corn
1 can stewed tomatoes w. chili

Put the frozen chicken in the crock pot. Put Cream cheese on top of the chicken. Dump in the beans, corn and tomatoes. Cover and cook for 6-8 hours on LOW, stirring every 2 hours. Once done, shred the chicken, and let it sit for 30-45 minutes.

Serve over rice, with tortillas or with nachos.

The Verdict
I couldn't be bothered making rice, so I ended up serving this with crumbled nachos. It wasn't quite spicey enough, so I added extra chili to my portion. Other than that, I really liked it. Super easy to make, and well worth a repeat.

For the chicken I used 1 drumstick, 1 thigh and 2 breast pieces - the dark meat definitely turned out the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment