Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Week 32: Spicy Crusted Pork

The Recipe
1 tbsp chili powder (yes, really)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin
2 cloves garlic
1/2 tbsp mixed herbs
1/2 tbsp black pepper
1 pound lean pork tenderloin, cubed

In zip-lock bag, combine chili powder, salt, cumin, garlic, herbs and black pepper; add pork cubes and toss to coat; refrigerate for 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 105C. Place pork cubes on a lightly greased pan and bake for 2 hours or until crispy.

Serve with brown rice, salsa and corn on the cob.

The Verdict
Probably too spicy for DH with all this chili, but I liked it :) I thought it needed something to cool it down a bit - avocado or guacamole would probably have been best, but since I had neither I used Italian dressing instead, which added an unusual but really nice touch.

I don't know that I'll make it again, as it's kind of a weird dish, but perhaps for fingerfood, with picks into each cube and dipping sauce available? That might work :)

1 comment: