Thursday, November 8, 2012

Week 45: Cuban Spicy Pork

The Recipe
2 pork chops
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp chili powder
3 tbsp salsa
1 tbsp honey
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 tbsp lime juice

Sprinkle cumin, cayenne pepper, salt and chili powder on each pork chop.
In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, combine salsa, honey, garlic, and lime juice; add seasoned pork chops; seal bag, turn gently and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.

Melt butter in a pan over high heat and cook the pork chops until desired doneness. Remove from pan. Add about 10-15gr butter and 1/2 cup of water to the pan and whisk until reduced slightly. Pour over pork chops.

Serve with baked potatoes.

The Verdict
Even I was worried about the amount of chili on these pork chops. 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper on each??? But I decided to trust the recipe and give it a try. Turned out, the person I got this from knew what she was doing! The mix of spicy to sweet was perfect, and the long marinating time (I'd given it 7 hours) made the chops sooooo moist and tender! I'd probably halve the amount of spices if making this for kids, but for myself - delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment