Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Week 32: Omelet Muffins

From Mark's Daily Apple

The Recipe
6 eggs
1/4 – 1/2 cup bacon - cooked crisp, crumbled and drained (optional)
1/2 cup diced vegetables (I used squash)
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground pepper
2 tbsp milk
2 tbsp water
1/8 cup water

Preheat oven to 175C. Use greased muffin tins or silicone baking cups. This recipe makes 6-7 muffins depending on the size.

In a bowl, beat the eggs. Add bacon, vegetables, salt, ground pepper, and any other ingredients and stir to combine.
Bake for 18-20 minutes or until done.

Can be eaten straight away or cooled and saved for another day.

The Verdict
I made these for breakfast. Had three one day and saved 3 for the next. I hadn't expected them to, but they actually kept me quite sufficiently full until lunch! That was a pleasant surprise :)
I liked them well enough, but by the 6th one I wished for a tad more variation. I think next time I'll try several different types of vegetables instead of just one - and possibly make a couple of smaller batches so I can make several different ones at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment