Thursday, January 30, 2014

Week 5: Cheese Pancakes

The Recipe
2 eggs
5 dl (~2cups) shredded cheese
1 tbsp psyllium husk
1 tsp oregano

Mix everything together in a bowl. It won't look like pancake batter at all - basically like wet cheese ;).

Heat some butter in a pan, and bake the pancakes until golden brown on both sides.

Makes about 5 small'ish pancakes.

The Verdict
I'd never heard of psyllium husk before and was intrigued. Besides - cheese pancakes? What's not to like?!
The batter looked totally weird, and I didn't think they'd ever turn into pancakes, but the end result looked decent enough, and it tasted good too. But very, VERY rich! I'd thought I could eat them "as is", but their richness really needs to be "cut" with something. I had some avocado which worked nicely, but I think salmon or sausages of some kind would do the trick too.

No comments:

Post a Comment