Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Week 25: Strawberry Ice Cream

I'm starting to see a trend here... ;)

The Recipe
(Makes just over 1L)
2 egg yolks
2dl milk
2.5dl cream (1 cup)
140g icing sugar
20g vanilla sugar
4 tbsp lemon juice
400-500g strawberries

Clean the strawberries and blend them together with milk and lemon juice.
In a separate bowl mix together egg yolks, sugar and vanilla.
In another bowl, whip the cream and carefully mix in the egg-mixture and the strawberries.
Pour into the ice cream maker and proceed according to the machine's instructions. I left mine for about 45 minutes.
Transfer to freezer tubs and freeze for another couple of hours until solid.

The Verdict
Very delicious :) My DH loves strawberry ice cream, so I figured I couldn't go wrong with this, and I was right :) I wasn't blown quite as much away by it as I was by the orange ice cream, but it was still really, really good! Definitely worth a repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment