Thursday, September 11, 2014

Week 37 - Chicken Korma

The Recipe
1lb chicken, cubed
1 onion, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
1 tsp ginger
2 heaped tbsp korma curry paste
125ml coconut milk
150ml chicken stock
1 tbsp ground almonds
1dl natural yogurt
1 tomato, diced
Chapatis, to serve

Heat oil in a pan and cook the chicken until golden. Remove from pan and transfer to crockpot.
Add the onions, bell pepper, ginger and curry paste to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes. Pour in the coconut milk, stock and ground almonds. Bring to a boil and season with salt and pepper according to taste. Transfer to crockpot. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours. 15 minutes prior to serving, add yogurt and tomato.

Serve with chapatis.

The Verdict
First the confession - I was too lazy to cook things ahead of time, so just dumped everything in the crockpot raw. My fault, and may have influenced the final outcome of the meal, as the chicken ended up being really dry. I don't usually have that problem any longer - even when I don't cook the meat ahead of time - but it was rather bad here. Somebody once told me that the meat is dry if I don't leave it long enough in the crockpot - I've never understood that reasoning, as I would have thought it was the other way around.

Anyway, as it was I wasn't too impressed, but I guess it's unfair to base my opinion of a dish on an attempt where I cut corners, so I may still make it again another time -- properly this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment